The Benson Idahosa University (BIU) post UTME screening exercise registration has commenced for 2015/2016 academic session.
Applications are invited for suitably qualified candidates to the Benson Idahosa University (BIU) post UTME screening exercise for the 2015/2016 academic session.
UTME Candidates Entry Requirements
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualifications:
- Five credits in General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level or the Senior Secondary School (SSS) Certificate or Cambridge School Certificate, which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings.
- Five credits in National Examinations Council (NECO) which should include; English Language, Mathematics, Government or History, obtained in not more than two sittings; or
- Any other equivalent qualification subject to the ratification by the University Senate and the University Matriculation Board.
- In all these, the subjects required for the Joint Matriculation Examinations Board (JAMB) are English Language, Mathematics, Government or History plus any other relevant subject.
Direct Entry Candidates Entry Requirements
This mode of entry requires the following minimum qualification:
- Requirements as in 1 above in addition to any of these
- Any of the following qualifications:
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced level or Higher School Certificate (HSC) with a minimum of two principal papers (at appreciable high grades) of “A” to “C” only, obtained in one sitting in the following subjects: Government, Economics, History, or British Constitution or three subjects in one sitting with grades between “A” and “E”;
- Diploma in Public Administration (DPA) with a credit grade or a minimum of merit grade, including other Diplomas such as social works; law, International Relations, etc., acceptable by the UMB or the Faculty Board;
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology with a minimum of upper credit in relevant discipline such as Government, Political Science or any Social Science discipline.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) with specialization in Government or any social science discipline with a minimum of Upper credit.
Benson Idahosa University post UTME Application Forms.
BIU post UTME form can be extracted from the institution Admission Information Brochure. All filled forms must be returned to any of the university advertised contact centers with a UBA teller of N7,000 paid into Account Number 1016105176. Kindly attach the original teller with your phone number boldly inscribed at the top of the teller for easy reference.
BIU Post UTME Dates.
- Sat. June 20, 2015
- Sat. July 18 , 2015
- Sat.August 15, 2015
- Sat. Sept 19, 2015.