mportant information to all National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Graduands.
Following the announcement of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN 4th convocation ceremony programme of events, the authorities of the university released some important information to all graduands.
Information To Graduands.
A) All those who have completed their programmes and have been cleared for convocation are to sign for and receive academic gowns and guest invitation cards from their Study Centres with effect from Thursday, 8th January, 2015. The accompanying hoods are to be collected from the University’s Headquarters in Lagos from Monday, 12th January, 2015.
They are required to present the following for sighting at the points of collection of the items:
i) evidence of the payment of a fee of N10,000.00 for the use of Academic gowns payable at Skye Bank; Account No. 1770364597.
ii) evidence of payment of alumni fees (N5,000.00) payable at Skye Bank; Account No.1770364597
iii) evidence of payment for Regularisation of Admission fee (N6,000)
iv) duly completed clearance form
The sum of five thousand (N5,000.00) Naira will be refunded on the return of the Academic gowns and hoods.
Both items must be returned not later than Tuesday, 20th January, 2015 from 9:00a.m. Failure to return the gowns by the prescribed date shall attract a fine of N1, 000.00 per day.
All Graduands are required to pay the sum of two thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only for the convocation programme at the venue on Saturday, 17th January, 2015.
B) Graduands are requested to assemble at designated location(s) at the National Theatre on Saturday, 17th of January, 2015 between 6:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on a queue according to their Schools.
NOBODY, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE HALL, AFTER 9:00A.M.
C) Commercial Photographers/Video Operators will be charged five thousand Naira only (N5,000.00) to operate at the venue for the period with exception of Hall I. All those interested in functioning as Photographers/Video Operators are required to make payment to the Cash Officer in the Bursary of the University between 9:00a.m and 3:00p.m from Monday, 12th January, 2015. The receipts issued should be presented at the Media & Information Unit where the certificate of accreditation will be issued.
D) All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. The Security officers will strictly enforce the “No gown No entry” policy
- No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands are advised, without exception, to comply with this information.
- To access the Convocation Arena a graduand is requested to present a tally which bears his/her School name and a number. The tally will be distributed at the entrance on a “first-come- first-served” basis
- It is a breach of Security to find a graduand seated in Hall I without a tally assigned to him/her.
- All guests of the University (properly identified with their Invitation cards) are to be seated in Hall I not later than 9:30 a.m. All other guests are to be seated in Hall II
- a. Three (3) parking lots have been provided for use at the Theatre Complex. Guests are to be parked in areas indicated in their Invitation cards
b. Towing Vehicles are available on standby to tow away any vehicle parked on the roadside or places outside the designated parking lots.
GRADUANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONVOCATION VENUE BEFORE THE END OF THE CEREMONY. GRADUANDS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO COMPLY WITH THESE ARRANGEMENTS.
We congratulate all graduands and wish them journey mercies to and from their destinations.